South Wales French Car Owners club
Please log in to read the Forum

Banger cars wanted. SWFCOLogo

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please log in to read the Forum

Banger cars wanted. SWFCOLogo
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Banger cars wanted.

3 posters

Go down

Banger cars wanted. Empty Banger cars wanted.

Post by mark.evs Fri 28 May 2010, 01:10

Looking for some bangers to play car football with for a mates birthday. as long as it runs ok, the odd scratch, missing light, rip in the seat aint gonna matter. Looking cheap as poss, like £50 max. cheers.
mark.evs
mark.evs
East Member

Town/County : Bridgend area
Model owned : 306 D-turbo Sport & GTi-6.
Dream Car : TVR Speed 12
Date Joined : 2009-03-26

Back to top Go down

Banger cars wanted. Empty Re: Banger cars wanted.

Post by AlexJ Fri 28 May 2010, 02:27

Got a 19 grand merc for sale at the mo. Dunno if that's a bit too expensive though

AlexJ
East Member

Town/County : Bridgend
Model owned : 306
Dream Car : .I love the lingerie
Date Joined : 2008-07-14

https://www.facebook.com/home.php#/profile.php?id=511894014

Back to top Go down

Post by mark.evs Fri 28 May 2010, 19:10

Bit more than i was willin to spend but could i borrow it for the afternoon? u can have it back, i'll try not to dent it. Very Happy
mark.evs
mark.evs
East Member

Back to top Go down

Post by cliov6 Fri 28 May 2010, 21:01

you take any car to a scrap yard and they will give you £150 for it scrap metal is at it's highest for years, this could be a very good way of making money, buy it for £50 take it and weigh it in for £150 mmm very good profit. I'm not saying you will do this but there are people out there which will, seller be aware
martin

cliov6
Getting Familier

Town/County : neath
Model owned : clio v6
Date Joined : 2010-01-15

Back to top Go down

Post by mark.evs Fri 28 May 2010, 21:35

I know that but how many cars have u taken to a scrappy that they've given u a good price for? they say £150 on the phone and when u drag the car there they play dumb and say dunno who said that but we'll give u £50 for it. also some cars are too good to scrap, give them 1 last chance to prove themselves.
mark.evs
mark.evs
East Member

Back to top Go down

Post by cliov6 Fri 28 May 2010, 22:36

just seems a bit of a tall story what you want to do with these cars.
you will need a least 8 to 10 cars ( potential profit £800 - £1000 if the vehicles were weighed in ) you will need a huge level playing surface a pair of goals and a few balls going by past experiences the balls don't last long.I wont go into the insurance side of it which i doubt any insurance company would entertain it,
your best bet would be to use the money which you are hoping to pay
for 8 to 10 vehicles which would be £400 to £500 treat him and a few of your mates to an organised track day safer and less hassle.
martin

cliov6
Getting Familier

Back to top Go down

Post by mark.evs Fri 28 May 2010, 23:05

Dont think u quite get it. My mate lives on a farm, nice big open fields, plan is to have a game of football with some scrap cars, have a bbq, few drinks and generally f**k about. we aint aiming for the premier league or thinking of becoming millionaires from shite cars. I've had shite cars since i been driving and i been in my overdraft for about 6 years now so there's defo no money in them. Its just an afternoon of smashing up cars. i'll probily put some pics up on here too and we can all have a good laugh. We also wont be insuring anything, it'll be on private land and we'll probily be drinking, so i dont think they'd pay up if we did. Yes it will be dangerous and some1 will probily be hurt but thats pretty normal for us. Our normal cars are no good for track days and a track day cost at least £80 per car and it's pointless him racing round on his own in his 1.25 fiesta cos i know no1 else would hammer their own daily driver around the track.

Also think your dreaming about getting more than £100 for any car. my sister weighed in a carina the other week, probily close to a ton and a half of car, complete, but had electric fault and a smashed window. £50. the market was high last year but is on the down now.
mark.evs
mark.evs
East Member

Back to top Go down

Post by cliov6 Sat 29 May 2010, 01:42

if it's going to be that safe why use scrap cars why not use use your road cars, go to a field get pissed and crash around sounds really good someone gets hurt or killed who cares it's on PRIVATE land as long as you don't over cook the food all's ok.
i weighed in a 306 td last week in bridgend and got £150 for it but what i must say i did drive it there. also towed a mazda with the 306 had £150 for it, mazda wouldn't even start.
martin

cliov6
Getting Familier

Back to top Go down

Post by mark.evs Sat 29 May 2010, 02:31

mate calm down. i only wanna know if any1 wants to part with a cheap banger that i can use, obviously u dont have one. thanks for your reply.
mark.evs
mark.evs
East Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down