South Wales French Car Owners club
Please log in to read the Forum

Weekend progress SWFCOLogo

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please log in to read the Forum

Weekend progress SWFCOLogo
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Weekend progress

4 posters

Go down

Weekend progress Empty Weekend progress

Post by AlexJ Tue 07 Oct 2008, 10:05

Well sunday really, went to pick up buddahs bumper off him, so i could keep the car on the road while i sprayed up my bumper, ph1 bumper doesnt fit on a ph2 so Razz to ben's wanting me to do a ph1 front end conversion - bumper came off in the end with a lot of persuasion and a £100 worth of tools being bought...and most of the skin off the back of my hand coming off

Thoight it would smooth it while it was off

Weekend progress 002

But as soon as i sanded it down after leaving it for about half an hour to dry it all cracked off, so i re-filled leaving it for longer and using finer grade paper and more water...cracked again and i saw red so grabbed the nearest screwdriver to hack it all off. Then thought i could do the top half red and the middle bar black ph1 sport sylee

Weekend progress 004

But i realised i didnt quite get a straight line so had to rip off the top half and just do the whole thing black, didnt get any pictures of the finished thing but i overspryed onto the red part, but thats really badly scratched so will all need re-doing anyway, gonna have to get some better filler or its all just gonna crack again.

While the bumper was off i sprayed the towing eye black

Weekend progress 003

Didnt leave it to dry long enough so when i pulled off all the masking tape it pulled some of the paint with it

Weekend progress 007

Not to bad though, at least all the paint flake has been covered up so no rust.

Buddah fitted an alarm for me as well...that works no problem - hes a bit camera shy in the morning though

Weekend progress 001

Then i started work on my intercooler 'spray bar' - basically the section of pipe out the boot which connected to the rear wash/wipe got cut and is now attached straight to the washer bottle, i ran it up through the car and cut a small section out of the intercooler surround to feed the pipe through, worked out how far back i needed to make holes and marked it off. Then set about making holes in the tubing with a nail at random intervals and stuck a screw in the end of the pipe to make a bit of pressure.

Weekend progress 006
Weekend progress 008

And a quick video of how well it sprays...havnt had a chance to get it perfected in the intercooler as its quite hard to see how its spraying while your holding the spray in - this was the best i could do

Weekend progress Th_005

AlexJ
East Member

Town/County : Bridgend
Model owned : 306
Dream Car : .I love the lingerie
Date Joined : 2008-07-14

https://www.facebook.com/home.php#/profile.php?id=511894014

Back to top Go down

Weekend progress Empty Re: Weekend progress

Post by Simon Tue 07 Oct 2008, 20:06

good work m8
Simon
Simon
ADMINISTRATOR

Town/County : Whitland
Model owned : 306 Rallye,xsi-6 207 GT and a DC5
Dream Car : too many at the moment

http://www.swfco.net

Back to top Go down

Post by _Mike_ Wed 08 Oct 2008, 06:18

Good progress mate

Will look very tidy when its finished!!
_Mike_
_Mike_
Central Regional Leader

Town/County : Cross Hands
Model owned : 1998 306 GTi6 - VW Polo PD130
Dream Car : Still Deciding
Date Joined : 2008-07-16

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexJ Wed 08 Oct 2008, 09:40

Well in all honesty i cant paint for S**T! i really am terriable at it, i rush far too much and dont let it dry properly or sand it down enough times, plus i dont have enough room to spray properly.

AlexJ
East Member

Back to top Go down

Post by _Mike_ Wed 08 Oct 2008, 09:53

You seem to point out enough flaws mate... Looks fine from here, looked fine at the meet what you had done. Your giving it a go so top marks on that Very Happy

Practise makes perfect... I have been around spraying all my life and my dad still wont realy let me touch a spray gun!!
_Mike_
_Mike_
Central Regional Leader

Town/County : Cross Hands
Model owned : 1998 306 GTi6 - VW Polo PD130
Dream Car : Still Deciding
Date Joined : 2008-07-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Simon Wed 08 Oct 2008, 20:52

well tbh if your spotting your own faults your half way there, its when people do rank jobs and cant see it im the same with letting it dry mind no patience at all
Simon
Simon
ADMINISTRATOR

Town/County : Whitland
Model owned : 306 Rallye,xsi-6 207 GT and a DC5
Dream Car : too many at the moment

http://www.swfco.net

Back to top Go down

Post by welsh_ben Thu 09 Oct 2008, 11:00

alex no offence but you dont need Ic spray for standard cause if your car gets that hot you gotta problem with your fans, told you phase 1 fron end conversion, casue ive got the fog lights now lol, £100 to take bumper off lol, my little kit cost me £4 from aldis lol someone got ripped off,alex get your arse down to spares world and pic up some induction hose please ffs look at that filter down there Sad pop over mine on saturday and ill show you a real spray bar Smile
welsh_ben
welsh_ben
Part Of The Furniture

Model owned : hdi dts
Dream Car : Golf GT TDI

http://www.welshmobile.2u.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexJ Fri 10 Oct 2008, 02:23

£100 for £200 worth of tools from halfords professional ones with a lifetime warranty, full 150 peice kit i think.

The spray bar is to cool down the intercooler it doesnt matter how hot the car is getting its the ic that will need cooling down to make the turbo more responsive, i tried it after leaving yours the other night and with the water spray it makes the car pull a lot better than without.

Induction hose from spares world costs like £20 for 1m or something ridiculous like that, might just pop down homebase and get some tubing from there.

AlexJ
East Member

Back to top Go down

Post by welsh_ben Fri 10 Oct 2008, 06:16

get a 45 degree bend or 90 degree bend for like £12 then lol and stick it behind headlight like mine
welsh_ben
welsh_ben
Part Of The Furniture

Model owned : hdi dts
Dream Car : Golf GT TDI

http://www.welshmobile.2u.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content